The Texas Nurse Practitioner Foundation was organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes. Scholarships/grants from donations may be awarded to the following: registered nurses pursuing further education to become nurse practitioners; nurse practitioners pursuing an advanced degree; nurse practitioners proposing or engaged in research which is relevant to advanced nursing practice; community projects promoting and improving access to health care for all Texans. TNPF is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; EIN 74-2676501.
TNPF Programs and Outreach
TNPF Scholarship Applicants
The Texas Nurse Practitioner Foundation is pleased to announce the availability of six $1500 scholarships for 2019. Scholarships will be awarded to applicants enrolled in master’s/post-master’s degree Nurse Practitioner programs or Nurse Practitioners obtaining doctoral degrees. In order to be eligible applicants must:
- Hold a current Texas RN license
- Be a resident of Texas
- Have completed at least 25% of an accredited program
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and
- Be a regular or student member of Texas Nurse Practitioners
- Each scholarship shall be a one-time monetary award given directly to the individuals selected
Scholarship Reference Form
The application deadline is July 15, 2019. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Katie Russell Memorial Scholarship Application
The Katie Russell Memorial Scholarship Fund has been established to provide an annual scholarship to a TNP member who is enrolled in a pediatric nurse practitioner program or enrolled to further pediatric education in Texas
Scholarship Applicant Requirements
- Registered Nurse and licensed by the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Resident of Texas.
- Regular, student, new graduate or lifetime member of Texas Nurse Practitioners.
- Completed at least 25% of an accredited Masters’ Nurse Practitioner Program who is specializing in pediatrics. A letter of verification of current enrollment status must be included from the Program Director, stating whether enrolled part-time or full-time in the program.
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher. A higher GPA is taken into consideration in determining scholarship award.
- Three (3) letters of professional references.
- Official graduate program(s) transcripts.
- Completion of the online application
All items are required to be uploaded to the website by July 15, 2019. Scholarships are a one-time monetary award given directly to the individual selected. The award winner will be notified by mail.
TNPF Silent Auction
TNPF hosts an annual silent auction during TNP's Fall Conference. If you are interested in donating an item, please contact Suzanna Rickman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At TNP's Fall Conference, TNPF hosts an annual walk-a-thon during the Fall Conference. More information about the 2019 Walk-a-thon will be available by mid-May.
Donate to the Foundation
Kim Oas Memorial
Memorial donations may be made to Texas Nurse Practitioner Foundation (TNPF) with a memo Kim Oas Memorial and mailed to 4425 S. Mopac Expressway, Building 3, Suite 405 Austin TX 78735. Donations are also accepted online.
Katie Russell Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Katie Russell Memorial Scholarship Fund has been established to provide an annual scholarship to a TNP member who is enrolled in a pediatric nurse practitioner program or enrolled to further pediatric education in Texas. Donations are accepted online or checks made out to TNPF with a memo Katie Russell Memorial Scholarship Fund and mailed to 4425 S. Mopac Expressway, Building 3, Suite 405 Austin TX 78735.
If you are interested in helping to advance the mission of the TNPF, please donate here.
TNP Foundation Emergency Assistance Fund
The TNP Foundation (TNPF) Emergency Assistance Fund was first established in 2017 as a result of the extensive damage left behind by Hurricane Harvey. In an effort to provide some assistance, the Texas Nurse Practitioner Foundation established an Emergency Assistance Fund to aid TNP members and their families in need. For more information about giving to the fund, please click here. If you are interested in applying for assistance, please click here.
Texas Nurse Practitioners Foundation is now on AmazonSmile! With every Amazon purchase you make, .05% will go to TNPF.
It is simple to add a charity, and all of your current Amazon information will stay the same. Go to www.smile.amazon.com and select "Texas Nurse Practitioner Foundation" as your charity or follow this link.
Be sure to bookmark the page so that all of your future Amazon purchases will benefit TNPF.
Any more questions? Click here for additional details regarding AmazonSmile.