|The TNP selects a student for the TNP Student Leadership Award and presents this award at the annual conference. The deadline for nominations is July 1.
- Excellence in academic performance.
- Demonstrates leadership through a formal or informal leadership role.
- Participated in TNP event(s) including but not limited to attending TNP sponsored conferences, presenting a poster, volunteer room monitor.
- A resident of Texas.
- Currently enrolled in a Nurse Practitioner program in Texas.
- In good standing with the Texas Board of Nursing and is licensed as a registered nurse.
- Current TNP member.
- Letter of recommendations from two faculty members and/or NP preceptors.
- Active member of local NP affiliate (if applicable and preferred not required)
- Complete the nomination form which includes a 500-word essay on the importance of TNP membership as a student or graduating Nurse Practitioner.
- In addition to nominations from colleagues, faculty, administrators or co-workers, nurse practitioner students are encouraged to nominate themselves.
- Nominations must be submitted by July 1.
A review of the nominees will be by the nominations and awards committee and presented to the Board of Directors in July for final approval. All nominees should be notified by August 1.