Instructions for Submitting Abstracts
TNP 31st Annual Conference: September 5-8, 2019 in Austin
Submission Deadline: February 1, 2019
PLEASE READ THROUGH TO END BEFORE SUBMITTING AN ABSTRACT
The Texas Nurse Practitioner (TNP) Education Committee invites you to submit an abstract for one of the following presentations:
1. 3-hour workshop (Thursday, Sept. 5)
2. One-hour presentation session (Friday, Sept. 6 and Saturday, Sept. 7)
3. Poster Presentation (Friday, Sept. 6 and Saturday, Sept. 7)
- All presentations must be bias-free (i.e. no industry/pharmaceutical slides) and, for this reason, presentation slides may need to be reviewed in advance.
- Note the number of minutes spent on each objective. There should be 3-5 objectives for a one hour session and 4-6 objectives for a workshop.
- Note the number of minutes that RX will be discussed on each objective.
- Note the number of minutes that a Board of Nursing Requirement will be discussed on each objective (ie J=Jurisprudence, E=Ethics, CS=Controlled Substance and G=Geriatrics)
ABSTRACT SELECTION PROCESS
The TNP Education Committee will review all poster, workshop and session speaker abstracts submitted. The Education Committee will make selections based on abstract content, speaker qualifications, content related to the interest of nurse practitioners, and conformity within the conference curriculum.
Presenters will be notified by May 1, 2019 if the abstract is accepted. In order to be considered, you must download the two forms below, and submit them with your application:
Speaker Bio Form
Speaker Disclosure Form
***If you fill the forms out on the computer, make sure the information is saved before submitting them***
ABSTRACT REVIEW CRITERIA
Topic is relevant to TNP’s mission, vision and values (for more information go to www.texasnp.org and click on mission).
Content supports TNP’s major agenda topics including advanced practice project, leadership, research, etc.
Content is precise, comprehensive, current and applicable.
Content is appropriate for advanced practice registered nurses.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Workshop speakers receive $500 per workshop and session speakers receive $300 per session. Speakers will be provided an opportunity to donate their speaker fee back to TNP. If a speaker wishes to attend the TNP Conference, he/she will need to register for conference as no discounts are provided to speakers.
TNP is pleased to offer poster presenters with a complimentary TNP membership (valued at $150) as an honorarium to one presenter for each accepted poster. Only conference registrants may present the poster. The poster presenter is responsible for providing, delivering, setting up and disposing of all supplies required for a poster session.